Search This Blog

Monday, December 9, 2013

My Soccer Season

Well, my soccer season with Real Colorado Olympico, the second best competitive team for Real U12 boys, just got finished and I'm excited to tell you all about the highlights of my season.
To start, in a game verses Colorado Storm North I'm the starter for the outside right back. Its the first half and it had rained all day and we where playing on turf. It was very cold at a 35 degrees high for overall the game. In the first half the ball is rolling at a slow pace so I take a whack at it. Once I hit it, it sails from half was and keeps going and going and bounces at the 6 yard box it bounces up, the goalie jumps I hit the crossbar and the ball bounces in and I score. I was so happy. Being on a competitive team and scoring is a HUGE deal. In the prior season, I was playing  Colorado Pride of the Rockies and I had the same incident but that game I scored 2 goals from half way. Anyway, we won the game 4 to 1. It was a AWESOME night. Also, another highlight was our center forward getting hurt. We nicknamed him "Tin Tin" because, absolutely from the name, he looks like Tin Tin, the tin man. Tin Tin ended up being out for the season with a fractured ankle. Another highlight was going to Las Vegas, Nevada for a soccer tournament. We made it to the finals but lost, the final score was 4 to 1 with us loosing. Even though we lost my teammates and I had a great time. Lastly, in February my team will venture out to Phoenix, Arizona, to avenge ourselves and win the tournament. So watch some soccer and enjoy the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment